Easy vegan, gluten free chocolate muffins that are simple to make and taste delicious!
Now I have to be honest and say that when I see recipes that are ‘free from this’ and ‘free from that‘ I always have to wonder if they are free from …‘taste!’
When my son had his friend come over for a visit recently (this one is for you Robalinni 😉) who is vegan, I really needed a recipe that was easy to make, bake and was gluten free ….and vegan!
So I have had a little practice with making these easy vegan, gluten free chocolate muffins and have tweaked the recipe a few times and now I have just the perfect vegan, gluten free muffins ready for when he comes over next. They are so good warm from the oven and are perfect drizzled with melted chocolate!
No eggs, vegan and gluten free!!! …. AND the best part is that they taste awesome!!
These muffins are really easy to make especially when you need to whip up a batch when friends come around.
Simply add in almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and mix. Then add in the water, the golden syrup, the vanilla and mix. Add in the chocolate bits, mix and spoon into muffin wrappers and top with chocolate bits and bake for 20 mins.
In Australia, we use Golden Syrup and it is made from 100% natural cane sugar. If you can’t get golden syrup, you could use maple syrup instead.
The tips to making these easy vegan, gluten free chocolate muffins!
Tip Number 1
Once you have baked the muffins, there should be some cracks across the top of the muffins. The best way to know if the muffins are ready is by inserting a toothpick and some moist crumbs should come out on the toothpick.
Tip Number 2
After baking these muffins, leave them in the muffin wrappers to cool, then they are easy to take out!
Tip Number 3
… make sure you make plenty 😉
Recipe for Easy Vegan, Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins!
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate cocoa powder
- ½ cup of vegan chocolate bits... and some for the top of the muffins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of golden syrup (or maple syrup)
- melted chocolate to drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF
- In a large bowl add in the almond flour, the tapioca flour, the baking powder, the cocoa powder, salt and mix.
- Then add in the water, the golden syrup, the vanilla and mix.
- Add in the chocolate bits and mix
- Spoon into muffin wrappers and top with chocolate bits and bake for 20 mins. There should be cracks across the top and when a toothpick is inserted some moist crumbs should come out on the toothpick.
- Tip - Leave them in the wrappers to cool, then they are easy to get out
Yes…delicious, vegan, gluten free and easy to make.
Come on over Robalinni!😃
You might also like …