Regardless of them being made with gluten-free flour or with wheat flour, these muffins are fluffy, tangy and delicious!
The best part about these muffins is that they are moist…not dry and heavy, but fluffy with a delicious lemon tang and the smoothness of greek yoghurt.
This recipe is really easy…actually too easy considering how delicious and moist they taste!
To sound a bit corny these Lemon and Yoghurt Muffins are just what you need when you need a little bit of sunshine in your day. (yep…told you it would be corny ;-))
These muffins are so popular with my family that we have them for school lunches, we heat them up with ice-cream for dessert and we, well, we just devour them! 🙂
Maybe the best bit is that they have a muffin top (yes…just like those ‘wheat flour’ muffins..nearly 😉).
I am sure that they are not meant to have a ‘special top’ but if you are gluten-free then it was probably a long time ago that you were able to peel off a muffin top and indulge.
Recipe for Gluten Free Lemon and Yoghurt Muffins
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup of caster sugar ( I use a little less about ¾ cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1½ cups SR flour ( I use Organ SR gluten free flour)
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of Greek-style yoghurt
- Icing sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line muffin tin with pretty muffin wrappers
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy
- Beat in eggs one at a time ...beating well after each addition
- Mix in the lemon juice then flour with the baking powder. The best way to do this is a little of the yoghurt and then a little of the flour and repeat till it is all mixed in. This stops the mixture getting too thick).
- Spoon into muffin wrappers and bake in the oven for about 20 mins or until a skewer is inserted into the centre and it comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan and remove onto wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with berries and cream....