This Vegetarian, Gluten-Free Mushroom Stroganoff recipe is perfect when you need to make a delicious and tasty dinner fast, and it is perfect with coconut rice, pasta or even served on top of toast!
There are times in the week, you just want to make an easy meal that doesn't take lots of time or lots of ingredients. This is a meal that you can whip up in less than 30 mins and it is easy to make. Full of flavour, a great comfort meal and it is cooked all in one pan.
This meal is perfect for vegans, vegetarians and people on a gluten-free diet.
The spice mixture for this Vegetarian, Gluten-Free Mushroom Stroganoff are spices that are often found in your pantry - onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and salt & pepper.
I think the tip that makes all the difference to this meal is the addition of chilli flakes and fresh thyme. This meal has no cream but has all the creamy texture simply by using cornflour.
How to make Vegetarian, Gluten-Free Mushroom Stroganoff!
- 1 onion diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free soy sauce (or you can use tamari)
- ¾ cup vegetable stock
- ¾ cup plant-based milk - I use almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder,
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder,
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika,
- a pinch of chilli flakes,
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves - chopped
- Serve with coconut rice, pasta or even on top of toast!
- Heat oil in a large pan/skillet, add onion and garlic and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and fry over medium heat for about 5 mins.
- Pour in vegetable stock, soy sauce/tamari, and add in the spices including the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- In another bowl, add cornstarch to the plant-based milk (I used almond milk), and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the milk mixture into the pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Add fresh thyme leaves to taste and served over coconut rice or gluten-free pasta!
You might also like...