Simply, The Best Gluten-Free Banana Cake recipe is delicious, moist, and easy to make! It can be topped with icing, custard, or eaten warm from the oven!
This is THE Best Gluten-Free Banana Cake Ever!!!
...and it is really easy!
Gluten-free cakes can often be dry and not have much flavour
this recipe gives you the chance to have a moist, fluffy, tasty and delicious cake...
...and you can have it on its own, warm from the oven drizzled with custard
or it can be iced with either butter or
lemon cream cheese icing
(yes...I know...that is the big decision right! 😉 )
The Best Gluten-Free Banana Cake Ever!
- 2 ripe bananas - mashed
- 125 g butter - at room temp
- 2 eggs
- ¾ of a cup of brown sugar
- 1½ cups of gluten free self raising flour - I use Orgran Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of bi-carb soda
- ¼ cup of milk (of your choice) I use almond milk
- Preheat oven to a moderate temperature 180ºC or 350ºF
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Mash bananas well with a fork then beat into the creamed mixture
- Fold in flour and soda, then stir in milk
- Line a cake tin (or ring tin) with baking paper. (I line the base and cut off the extra paper and grease the sides with butter)
- Spoon onto the baking tin and bake at 180ºC or 350ºF (moderate oven) for 45 mins or until cooked. Test with a skewer and if it comes out clean, then it is ready.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a cake cooler.
- You can serve it warm drizzled with custard or when the cake is cool, ice it with either a butter cream icing or cream cheese icing.
- Cream Cheese Icing - mix 125g of soft cream cheese, 1 cup of icing sugar and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix to a smooth consistency and top the delicious banana cake!! Enjoy 🙂
Icing the Gluten Free Banana Cake
Number 1 - Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
Adding this lemon cream cheese icing makes this Gluten-Free Banana Cake perfect - 'it is the icing on the cake' 😉....especially topped with a freshly sliced banana!
Cream Cheese Icing - mix 125g of soft cream cheese, 1 cup of icing sugar, and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Mix to a smooth consistency and top the delicious banana cake!!
Number 2 - Lemon Icing
Simply mix 1 ½ cups of gluten-free icing sugar and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of water and mix until it makes a smooth consistency.
Number 3 -
....Eaten warm from the oven with no icing!
Moist, full of flavour and Oh!...so easy!
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.