This Gluten Free Chocolate Swirl Banana Cake recipe is easy to bake, goes perfectly served with fresh cream, is moist and full of smooth, delicious flavours!
Ok... there was only one way to make The Best Gluten Free Banana Cake better .... and of course, that was the addition of chocolate! 😉
Chocolate and Banana are a delicious combination and the best part is that this gluten free cake is moist and soft!
This cake doesn't need to have an elaborate topping or icing ...it is best eaten on the day of baking and served with fresh cream!
It is really great too, eaten warm from the oven (and yes, a little vanilla ice-cream can go with it too!)
So what makes this gluten free chocolate and banana cake easy and moist. Well it is a little variation from the recipe The Best Gluten Free Banana Cake Ever. You can find the recipe here
With an addition of......drum roll.... Nutella.
Nutella is smooth Hazelnut chocolate spread (that is gluten free) and I am sure that the world knows all about Nutella!
The tip to making this Gluten Free Chocolate Swirl Banana Cake!
The tip to making this Gluten Free Chocolate and Banana Cake is to make sure that the Nutella is a smooth and a little 'runny' when adding it to the cake mixture.
Simply add the Nutella to a microwave proof bowl and heat it slightly in the microwave and then stirring it until it is smooth and runny. This way when you swirl it through the cake batter it will blend in easily.
I like to give the cake a marble effect and simply swirl the Nutella through with some chopsticks or you could use a spoon. This way you get a different chocolate/banana flavour with each mouthful.
The smoothness of the chocolate and the flavour of banana.... just perfect!
Recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Swirl Banana Cake
- 2 ripe bananas - mashed
- 125g butter - at room temp
- 2 eggs
- ¾ of a cup of brown sugar
- 1½ cups of gluten free self raising flour - (I use Orgran Gluten Free Self Raising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of bi-carb soda
- ¼ cup of almond milk (or you could use regular milk. Almond milk adds extra flavour)
- ⅓ cup of Nutella - (more or less to your liking)
- Preheat oven to a moderate temperature - 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a electric mixer cream butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mash bananas well with a fork then beat into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in flour and soda, then stir in the milk of your choice.
- In another bowl, spoon in the Nutella and heat it just slightly to make it 'runny' and then swirl it through the cake mixture.
- Line a cake tin (or ring tin) with baking paper. (I line the base and cut off the extra paper and grease the sides with butter).
- Spoon onto the baking tin and bake at 180 Celsius/ 350F (moderate oven) for 45 mins or until cooked. Test with a skewer or a toothpick and if it comes out clean, then it is ready.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a cake cooler.
- Best eaten on the day of baking and served with fresh cream
- Enjoy 🙂
...and it goes perfectly with just a touch of indulgence with some fluffy cream!
You might also like....
Gluten Free Sticky Mandarin Loaves
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! Definitely have to try this recipe!
Really impressed with this recipe I made it gluten and dairy free I used the violife chocolate cream cheese. It tastes amazing and means my little boy doesn't miss out on a tasty treat.
My electric whisk is broken so I used a hand one. A definitely feel like an electric whisk would of helped yo rise it more however it tastes light and fluffy definitely will be making again.
I made this cake, doubling the recipe, for a Staff members farewell. Delicious, moist, and loved by everyone. A real keeper!! I iced using the Cream cheese recipe, and decorated with Pineapple lumps.
Thanks So much for sharing the recipe