This Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom and Bacon Risotto recipe has all the creamy texture and taste, without the cream! ...and it is gluten free too!
There is something magical about making risotto. I love that it takes only a few ingredients to make such a comforting meal.
Risotto is the type of dish to can add a range of ingredients to give it different flavours. This recipe for sun-dried tomato, mushroom and bacon risotto is just delicious!
How to cook Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom and Bacon Risotto!
Add in one cup of the chicken stock, and simmer so the rice absorbs the liquid, stirring constantly, slowly. When the liquid is absorbed, add the mushrooms and the next cup of chicken stock and let the rice absorb the liquid again.
Then add the remaining cup of liquid.
Serve topped with grated parmesan.
Recipe for Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom and Bacon Risotto
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 30 grams of butter
- 2 cups of Arborio Rice
- 4 cups of chicken stock - gluten free
- 4 rashes of bacon - diced
- ½ cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup of Parmesan + extra to serve on top of each dish.
- Cracked black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil, butter, garlic, onion and cook for 1 min and then add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of Arborio rice, stir and cook for 3 minutes or till the rice starts to brown slightly and then add the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add in one cup of the chicken stock, and simmer so the rice absorbs the liquid, stirring constantly, slowly. When the liquid is absorbed, add the mushrooms and the next cup of chicken stock and let the rice absorb the liquid again.
- Add the third cup of stock and continue to stir till liquid is absorbed.
- Then add the remaining cup of liquid. The best way to see if it is cooked, carefully, take one piece of the rice and press between two fingers. If it has a hard centre it is not ready. You may need to add an extra cup of stock - or water and to continue simmer (and stir)
- When the rice is ready, add in the Parmesan and stir through so it goes creamy.
- Serve topped with shaved Parmesan.
You can pin this Risotto recipe to your Pinterest page, to remind you when you need something warm and delicious to cook for dinner ! ?
Simply hover over an image and the Pinterest sign will come up, so you are able to click on it to save it to your Pinterest board.
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.