Gluten Free Fish Tacos that are filled with delicious grilled fish, topped with mango salsa and wrapped in a corn tortilla...an easy and quick everyday meal!
These Easy Gluten Free Fish Tacos are a huge hit in my house!
They are fresh, healthy and everyone loves relaxing in front of the T.V on a Sunday night with a plate of fish tacos on their lap.
These tacos are for the nights when you have had a full weekend and everything is ready for the busy week.
These are for when you don't really need or want a huge dinner and something light and fresh is best.
We use soft corn tortillas to make our tacos as they are gluten free. The tip to making these with corn tortillas is to make sure you heat the corn tortillas first, before adding the filling.
Cooking the Fish
Cooking the fish on a grill plate makes cooking this dinner super easy and quick!
- Sometimes we just add the fresh fish to the grill plate but other times my boys like their fish to have 'those crunchy bits' and that is when I coat them in corn flour and good dose of lemon pepper seasoning. To do this, simply slice your fish and in a bowl add in the corn flour, a good shake of lemon pepper and mix to combine.
- Place the cornflour mixture on grease proof paper and press the fish into the mixture to coat the fish.
- Oil and pre-heat the grill plate.
- Place the fish on the grill plate and cook on both sides till cooked through (about 3-5 mins on both sides). While the fish is cooking, prepare the mango salsa!
How to make Mango Salsa
Slice and prepare the ingredients including the mango, cucumber, snow peas, coriander, sliced chilli and place them into a bowl and squeeze on the juice of one fresh lime.
You can add as much or as little chilli to the salsa. It is really worth adding some as it gives the taco that extra special flavour.
You could also add diced red onion and red cabbage it you wanted a little extra in your tacos.
Making the Tacos
Heat the tortillas in the microwave or on the grill 30 seconds on each side to soften.
Then break up the fish and place on the tortilla, top with mango salsa and a slice or two of avocado.
....and enjoy! 😃
Recipe for Easy Gluten Free Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa!
- 4 pieces of white fish (I use Whiting or Schnapper)
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour
- lemon pepper seasoning (gluten free)
- 2 ripe mangoes - diced
- 1 lime
- 1 small chilli - (to your liking)
- ½ cucumber - diced
- 4 snow peas- sliced
- handful of coriander - chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado - sliced thinly
- 8 corn tortillas (gluten free)
- In a bowl add in the corn flour, a good shake of lemon pepper and mix to combine
- Cover the fish with the corn flour/lemon mixture.
- Using a grill plate, oil it and pre-heat it.
- Place the fish on the grill plate and cook on both sides till cooked through (about 3-5 mins on both sides). When cooked put the fish to one side.
- In another bowl combine the mango, cucumber, snow peas, coriander, sliced chilli and the juice of one fresh lime.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave or on the grill 30 seconds on each side to soften.
- Then break up the fish and place on the tortilla, mango salsa and a slice or two of avocado...and enjoy!!
I have one son who adds extra chilli to his mango salsa and the other who adds 'Kewpi mayonnaise' to his. I guess this is why it is an easy dinner as everyone lines up at the kitchen bench and creates their own delicious version of the fish taco.
I don't think my family realises how healthy this dinner is ...they always think it is a home-made version of takeaway ...and they always ask for more!
(...thinks this makes me one clever mum! ... 😉)
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.
You might also like....
Carole West @ Garden Up Green
This sounds fantastic, I love fish tacos. Pinning for an upcoming dinner!
Thanks for the recipe the ingredients are perfect.
These look delicious, I love fish tacos. Do come over and add them to #freefromfridays linky http://www.freefromfarmhouse.co.uk/recipes/free-from-fridays/free-fridays-25th-september-2015/
These look gorgeous! Definitely going to make these for the Peachicks dinner and lunchboxes!
International Elf Service
Really really gorgeous. I do a version of these and you've just reminded me about them! Love your ingredients x