Recently , both my sons had to have 'teeth work' done. One having braces on and the other having his 4 wisdom teeth out. So of course this meant a couple of weeks of really soft food and drinks including this recipe for Mango Lassi ...with a twist!
Both boys agreed after not eating much for a few days and then having mashed potato...they were convinced that it was the best mashed potato they had ever eaten. (It was nothing fancy, I am sure they would have loved anything soft!)
But they also loved drinks that were cold (the cold really helped with the pain) so we created a delicious drink that was topped with creamy ice-cream.
The Mango Lassi Float was created!
Now if you love Indian food, you would know about the yoghurt-based drink - Mango Lassi.
They go perfectly after a hot curry as it is smooth, creammmy and cold. ...perfect for kids with sore teeth (oh sorry...not the hot curry 😉 )
Now this is easy to make and you can have a stronger Mango flavour by just adding in more Mangos...and maybe Mango favoured ice-cream.
For us...this delicious smoothie with ice-cream, thats floats on the top, is a perfect dessert!
Scooping out the ice-cream that is covered in the foaming Mango Lassi that is smooth and cold...well, that is the perfect treat!
(....especially for boys with sore teeth...and a mum who had to look after them 🙂
Mango Lassi Floats Recipe
- 4 Mangos peeled and diced (or you could use a can of drained mango slices)
- ½ tablespoon of caster sugar (or a tablespoon of honey)
- 1 cup of greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 large scoop of vanilla ice-cream (or you could have mango flavoured ice-cream) - gluten free
- 2 large tablespoons of ice-cream to float on the top.
- Using a blender add in the mangos and pulse them to a puree
- Then add in the sugar and pulse again
- Add in the yoghurt and milk and pulse and then add in the ice-cream and give it a really good blend...till it goes foamy 🙂
- Pour into a tall glass, add the ice-cream to float on top
- Add in a straw and a long spoon to make sure you get all the delicious drink and the ice-cream
- Enjoy 🙂
Mango Lassi Floats are gluten free and you can always not add the sugar or ice-cream to make it a little healthier...maybe frozen mango yoghurt....ahhhh! now I think of that 😉Hope you enjoy it as much as what we did!
....and we also had this delicious milkshake ...maybe not just one... but a few! 😉
If you would like to keep up-to-date with all the delicious recipes and drinks, just follow along with your favourite social media. Find the social media buttons on the side bar or below.
You can also sign up to have new recipes and hints and tips send directly to your inbox. Simply fill out the subscription form in the side bar.