This is Chicken Madras Burger recipe is just what you need if you love burgers!
The type of burgers that are easy to make, taste awesome and are just a little different from the typical meat and cheeseburgers.
In my home, we have these Chicken Madras Burgers often ...
because they are easy to make, taste wonderful, are fresh and the best part is that you can make them gluten-free or even make some for your family members who are not 'hiding' from gluten!
These chicken patties have a tasty flavour that goes perfectly with toasted crunchy gluten-free bread or even toasted gluten-free focaccias
and topped with yoghurt, cucumber, lettuce and a hint of sweet chilli sauce!
Once you know this recipe, it will become your new favourite.
They are even fantastic cooked on the BBQ!
They are a perfect family meal, or even as patties or rissoles for an easy dinner or even having them cold the next day for the lunch boxes.
We make them two ways... In large focaccia rolls or like in these pictures, in mini slider buns! This way we make some with gluten-free slider buns or some with wheat ones.... everyone is happy!!
Recipe for Chicken Madras Burgers - Gluten Free!
- 500g chicken mince
- 4 slices of gluten free bread - crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of korma curry paste
- 1 egg
- Some plain gluten free plain flour to dust on the outside
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Natural yoghurt
- Sliced cucumber
- Gluten free bread / rolls ( here is a recipe for gluten free focaccias)
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and using your hands mix chicken mince, crumbled gluten free bread, korma paste and egg. Using your hands makes sure that the flavour goes all the way through.
- Mould into patties and lightly coat with gluten free flour. We add the gluten free flour on the outside as it makes the burgers crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Add to a frypan that has 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook both sides until cooked through.
The tip to making the Chicken Madras Burger Patties!
Tip - I use a measuring cup (½ cup) to make sure that each one is the same size and they cook at the same time. This way I always make sure I have 6 burgers.
You could make them smaller with smaller measuring cups. Once they are filled, I simply tap them on my hand and they come out as the perfect burger shape. I do flatten them a little if I have larger burger buns.
Another option is to simply toast bread - either gluten-free bread or wheat bread and make the toast into delicious burgers. Top with slices of cucumber for crunch (I use a vegetable peeler and slice the cucumber lengthwise), dollop with Greek yoghurt and finish with lettuce.
To give it a little bit of zing, we also top with sweet chilli sauce!
The other great thing is that if they look just a little messy...they taste even better!! Having the yoghurt and sweet chilli sauce ooze all over the burger makes for one succulent and juicy burger!
Totally yummy! Thank you for linking up to Creative K Kids' Tasty Tuesdays. I have pinned your post to our Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest Board.