Easy Everyday Meal - Chicken and Corn Koftas
...and black, crusty sticks in you dinner is not a good look. 😉
Recipe for Chicken and Corn Koftas
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 onion - diced
- 2 corncobs - (I use a tin of corn and place them in a frypan, sprinkle with paprika and cook until slightly golden)
- ½ teaspoon of mince garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- a handful of coriander - chopped
- ground black pepper
- juice of a lime
- In a bowl add the cooked corn kernels, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli and chicken mince and mix together to combine well.
- Add the egg, breadcrumbs, coriander, pepper and mix throughly.
- Put some olive oil on your hands and on the grill plate. Take smalls handfuls and shape into a cylinder shape. Place them on a plate.
- Heat up the grill plate and then reduce the heat to half. Place the Koftas on the grill plate and cook on all sides until cooked through.
- While they are cooking, squeeze over some lime juice
- Slide them onto skewers 😉 and serve with greek yoghurt, coriander and sweet chilli sauce.
This recipe is versatile and if making them for a group of people at a bbq or for dinner, you could always make some gluten-free and some made with wheat. Simply substitute the gluten-free bread crumbs for bread crumbs made from wheat flour bread.
This really is an easy everyday meal.....and it looks just a bit 'fancy ', tastes wonderful and is healthy!
You can pin this Chicken and Corn Kofta recipe to your Pinterest page, to remind you when you need something different to add to the BBQ!?
Simply hover over an image and the Pinterest sign will come up, so you are able to click on it to save it to your Pinterest board.
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.
You might also like.....
Leave a Reply