Recipe for Cinnamon and Honey Swirl Muffins – Gluten Free
- 150g of butter cubed – ( you can either use butter at room temperature or follow my mistake ( umm variation) and use butter from the fridge.
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 cups of gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups of milk – I use almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of milk
How to make Gluten Free Cinnamon and Honey Muffins
- Preheat oven to a moderate, 180º Celsius.
- Place muffin liners into a muffin tin pan, (makes 12 muffins)
- In a electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fluffy.
- Add in the coconut flour and mix.
- Add in the 1/2 of the self-raising gluten free flour and the gluten free baking power and 1/2 of the milk and mix to combine.
- Then add in the remainder of the flour and milk and mix to combine.
- Spoon into patty pans so it fills only 1/2 way of the muffin liner. Leave some of the mixture to fill on top later)
- Combine the honey and cinnamon together in another bowl (a microwave bowl) and mix, then place in the microwave and heat for about 10 seconds- so the honey mixture becomes runny.
- Drizzle over the mixture in the muffins pans (leave 1/3 of the honey and cinnamon mixture to drizzle on the top later) and swirl through the mixture with a toothpick – I used a chop stick!
- Then spoon in the remainder of the mixture so it fills about 3/4 of the way in the muffin liners.
- Drizzle some of the honey and cinnamon mixture over the top of the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for 18- 20mins…and test them with a toothpick in the middle of the muffin to see if they are cooked- the toothpick should come out clean
- Let them cool. (or if you are like us…we eat them warm!)
- Mix the icing sugar and milk in another bowl, until smooth and then drizzle over the top of the cinnamon muffins. ….this really does add to them !