This Egg Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Cake is known as 'Cupboard Cake' and it is delicious - it is fudgy, dense, and moist and is so easy to make!
This Egg Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Cake is easy and uses ingredients that you find in your pantry. It doesn't have any eggs or milk, so it is easy to make with only ingredients from your food cupboard.
You know those nights when you haven't been food shopping and you are staring in the cupboard to see what you can make for dessert or for lunch boxes the next day. Well, this is the recipe I turn to....and it is gluten-free!!! We call this recipe "Cupboard Cake" because it only uses ingredients from the cupboard - nothing from the fridge. No eggs, no milk, no butter! and it is gluten-free! and it is delicious!!
This cake is fudgy, dense and moist!
...and it can be topped with a smooth, chocolate icing! ...can't ask for more than that! 😉
It is really great when it has just been topped with the icing...we are often a little naughty and take a slice just when the icing is pouring down the sides!
Recipe for Egg Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Cake!
- 1½ cups gluten-free self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to a moderate temperature -180 degrees C of 350 degrees F
- Line a cake tin with baking paper
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour on top of the dry ingredients the vinegar, vanilla and the vegetable oil . Pour the cup of water over all and mix well until smooth.
- Pour into lined baking tin and tap the tin gently on the counter top to release any bubbles.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 25 minutes.
- Check with a skewer to make sure it comes out clean. Cool. Top with your favourite frosting.
This Egg Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Cake is soooo good topped with icing oozing down the side and fresh cream or maybe with ice cream and peanuts or with fresh fruit or.... and the list goes on!
Visiting from G'Day! This looks yummy... and I'm GF, so I can't wait to try it! Pinning!
Thanks Sondra! It was hard to only have one slice when I was making it. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by !!! 🙂
I love chocolate! Yum! Thanks for sharing and hope you come back tomorrow for the party!
Tammy @ creativekkids
This looks so good! Thanks for linking up to last week's Creative K Kids' Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party. I have pinned your post to the Tasty Tuesdays Pinterest board!
Thanks so much for sharing at the Thank Goodness It's Thursday party, Barb! This is definitely going in my recipe box and I have everything to make it right now! 🙂
PS - I chose this as my feature for tomorrow's party. I hope you stop by again!