A delicious and moist gluten free Choc Orange Jaffa Cake. The perfect marble blend of tangy orange and smooth chocolate!
My family are always interested to see what type of pattern you get when you cut the first slice and yes, then the second and so on.... 😉
The tip to this recipe is to make sure you whip the sugar and eggs together till it is light and fluffy and then gradually add the oil. This way you get plenty of air bubbles in the mixture which will make a light and fluffy cake.
Gluten Free Choc Orange Jaffa Dessert!
The best part to making this cake is how it transforms into a delicious decadent dessert!
Simply cut the cake into cubes and place into a dessert bowl. Then squeeze over fresh orange juice so that each choc orange cube is drench in orange juice. Then add freshly whipped cream and grate over chocolate and serve with a wedge of orange. A very easy dessert that tastes amazing with the tang of orange!!
Recipe for Gluten Free Choc Orange Jaffa Cake!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- ½ cup of light olive oil
- 1⅓ cup of gluten free self raising flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Juice of 1 small orange (3 tablespoons)and finely grated zest
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of milk (I use Almond Milk but you can use the milk of your liking
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 350ºF (moderate oven) and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Still using the electric mix gradually add the oil.
- Fold in the flour and then add in the milk until it makes a smooth batter.
- Separate the mixture into 2 bowls. In one bowl, add the juice and rind of the orange and mix. Then in the second bowl, add the 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and mix till smooth.
- Then pour some of the orange mixture into the base of the cake tin. Then dollop in the chocolate layer and then pour over the rest or the orange. Using a butter knife or a chop stick, slightly mix through the two layers to achieve a marble effect.
- Bake of 40-45 minutes and then let it cool in the tin.
You might also like....