An easy, delicious and are 'quick to make' recipe for Gluten Free Banana and Cinnamon Mini Muffins and they are perfectly warm and topped with whipped cream!
Yes, these gluten-free Banana and Cinnamon Mini Muffins are delicious, easy to make, and oh!....so cute! 🙂
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is. This is my go-to recipe when friends come around with 'little ones' because they are the perfect size for children. Not too much and not too little. They are a perfect size too for the adults...but they never have just one!
As this recipe for Gluten-Free Banana and Cinnamon Mini Muffins don't take long, I usually start making them about 20 mins before my friends with children come around, so they are warm from the oven when they arrive.
The children love them because it is their 'job' to add cream to the warm muffins just before they eat them. Yes, we do cheat a little bit by using the whipped cream in a spray can but to be honest the kids love using the spray cream (and yes, there is that time when they missed the muffins and sprayed it right into their mouth...ummmm think that was my teenage boys too ;-)) ( and yes....we didn't touch the nozzle with our mouths ...just in case you were thinking...gross! :-))
Banana and cinnamon go so well together and they smell delicious when they are cooking!
Recipe for Gluten Free Banana Mini Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour (I use Orgran Self Raising Gluten Free Flour)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- butter for greasing the mini muffin tin
- Preheat oven to a moderate oven - 180° C or 350° F. Lightly grease muffin tins with butter or spray oil.
- Add the self-raising gluten-free flour, baking powder and the cinnamon and mix.
- In another bowl add the oil, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and mashed bananas.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients Tip - Do not over mix otherwise the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased mini muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. (make sure they don't cook for too long or go too brown as they will be too dry)
- Best to leave them in the tin to cool and they will come out easier.
- Top with whipped cream!!!
They are best eaten on the day warm from the oven. I sometimes make a batch and freeze them in freezer zip-lock bags and when we feel like we need a few for dessert, we simply pop them in the microwave and make them warm....and have our own fun with the whipped cream in a spray can....Lots of fun! 🙂
Simply hover over an image and the Pinterest sign will come up, so you are able to click on it to save it to your Pinterest board.
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.
Sharing at Celebrate and Decorate
You might also like some other gluten-free cakes and muffins...