This Gluten Free Zucchini and Olive Oil Pasta uses ingredients that are in your pantry and is easy to make and tastes delicious!
Do you have some standby recipes for when you don't feel like cooking...or you haven't been shopping and there is not a lot in the cupboards?
This recipe for Gluten Free Zucchini and Olive Oil Pasta is tasty, filling, easy and quick to make and you can make it gluten free or with wheat pasta.
The best part is that you can put this on the table ready to eat in 20 mins....and even have left overs for lunch the next day.
Ok...I have to be honest and say that in my shopping each week I make sure I buy the same basic ingredients that can be thrown together and made into a array of different dishes.
I always stock up on pasta, zucchini, bacon and parmesan cheese...you will be amazed at how many dishes you can come up with with these ingredients.
These basic ingredients can be added with a few other ingredients to make cakes, snacks and meals...and my family don't even realise that they are the same ingredients.
I always make sure I have a good quality olive oil on hand, stored in a glass bottle (not plastic) out of direct sun light, so it doesn't spoil.
Recipe for Gluten Free Zucchini and Olive Oil Pasta!
- 1 packet of pasta cooked and drained as per instructions on the pack. (I use a gluten free penne pasta)
- 2 zucchinis - grated
- ½ onion-chopped or grated
- 250 grams of bacon pieces
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- ½ lemon-diced
- handful or two of parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of extra virgin Olive Oil ( ...plus a few extra glugs... 🙂 )
- Simply boil the pasta in a saucepan with a sprinkling of salt, drain and place back into the saucepan you cooked it in, to keep it warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, in another saucepan add the butter, olive oil, zucchini, garlic, onion, lemon and bacon.
- Cook till the zucchini and onion becomes soft. (It may look like there is a lot of olive oil but don't worry because you need this to coat all the pasta pieces.)
- When it is cooked and the flavours have infused into the olive oil, simply mix the mixture into the pasta and stir to combine.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and stir.
Serve with crisp, fresh salad and this is a quick, easy everyday meal!
This Gluten Free Zucchini and Olive Oil Pasta is a true standby recipe that is comforting and so much better than takeaway.. and cheap too!! 😃