This Pumpkin and Potato Bake goes so well at BBQs and as a side dish, it is perfect for the colder weather when you need some comfort food or it can be served and eaten on its own with a side salad!
Even though this Pumpkin and Potato Bake is smooth and creamy....the best part is it doesn't have cream in it at all!
When serving this dish, everyone wants some of that crispy, crunchy top, with the soft, creamy pumpkin and potato.
I am not saying that I have noticed that most people tend to take extra ... large ... portions when this pumpkin and potato bake is being served.
Probably the reason why I make such a large dish!
Tips to making the Pumpkin and Potato Bake!
There are a few tips that make all the difference to this Pumpkin and Potato Bake...
Recipe for Pumpkin and Potato Bake
Easy Potato and Pumpkin Bake
- 8 potatoes - peeled and sliced
- Pumpkin- sliced
- 250 ml of low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of Tasty cheese - grated
- 1 small onion
- 1 chicken stock cube gluten-free
- Preheat oven to a moderate oven - 180 degrees Celcius
- Add the sliced pumpkin, potato, onion and chicken stock cube to a microwave container (with a lid)
- Cook on high for 12-18 minutes (depending on your microwave) till the potato and pumpkin are soft but still has it's shape.
- Test it with a knife and if you can push down to the bottom of the bowl easily, then it is ready to bake.
- In an oven proof baking dish, spread some of the yoghurt on the base.
- Layer ½ the potato and pumpkin and sprinkle with the ½ the Parmesan cheese and add some dollops of the yoghurt.
- Layer the remaining potato and pumpkin and spread the remainder of the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan and top with the tasty grated cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 mins or until the top is brown and golden. As the potato and pumpkin is already cooked through and warm, you simply need to bake till the cheese starts to brown. (Don’t overcook or the yoghurt may curdle)