The delicious recipe for The best gluten free slow-cooked shredded BBQ chicken!
There are times on the weekend when I don't have the time to cook and I put on a slow-cooker, so that dinner cooks itself and I make the BEST Gluten Free Slow-Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken!
This recipe makes a large amount of delicious, moist shredded BBQ chicken that is gluten free, sweet and has a caramelised texture!
It is perfect for a family meal or even if you want to keep some for the next day and have it for lunch.
You can have it on top of rice but we have it in warm gluten free crusty rolls filled with the shredded chicken, coleslaw and lettuce.
This Gluten Free Slow-Cooked BBQ Chicken is also great to make the day ahead, store it in the fridge and then take it along on a picnic and simply fill the rolls when you are there...easy and soooo delicious!!
Recipe for Gluten Free Slow Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken!
The Best Gluten Free Slow-Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken!
Delicious Slow-Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken is perfect in gluten free rolls and filled with coleslaw and salad.
Author: Barb @Sparklesintheeveryday.com
Recipe type: Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs - skin off
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce - gluten free
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Gluten free bread rolls (or make your own Rosemary and Sea Salt Focaccias)
- Lay chicken breasts/thighs on the base of a slow cooker/crockpot.
- Mix the BBQ sauce, sugar, balsamic vinegar in a bowl, then pour over chicken,
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours,
- When cooked, use two forks to pull apart/shred the chicken and then mix around to combine the chicken and the sauce.
- The chicken is soft and easy to pull apart with two forks...We used gluten free rolls and toast them in the focaccia toaster, so that they are crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.
In my home, the longer we leave the chicken cooking the sticker and more caramelised the sauce becomes!
We all try to get to the bits that are darker in colour and sweeter in flavour (Oh! but don't leave it to cook for too long as there is a fine line between caramelised, sweet and sticky....and BURNT! ;-))
I can't rave about this recipe enough!
Sometimes we have it in soft gluten free seeded rolls and other times with home-made Rosemary Parmesan and Sea Salt Focaccia's! - Find the recipe here! They are easy to make and even better when served straight out of the oven, warm and then filled with this Slow-Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken, coleslaw and lettuce.
You would never guess this is a gluten free recipe!
We have also served this gluten free shredded chicken, cold in a salad, during summer. (...very refreshing and there is nothing better than the aroma of this chicken cooking and filling the house with such a wonderful smell)
Moist, tangy and delicious - the BEST gluten free slow-cooked shredded bbq chicken...promise!!
You might also like....
Leave a Reply