The delicious recipe for The best gluten free slow-cooked shredded BBQ chicken!
Recipe for Gluten Free Slow Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken!
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs - skin off
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce - gluten free
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Gluten free bread rolls (or make your own Rosemary and Sea Salt Focaccias)
- Lay chicken breasts/thighs on the base of a slow cooker/crockpot.
- Mix the BBQ sauce, sugar, balsamic vinegar in a bowl, then pour over chicken,
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours,
- When cooked, use two forks to pull apart/shred the chicken and then mix around to combine the chicken and the sauce.
- The chicken is soft and easy to pull apart with two forks...We used gluten free rolls and toast them in the focaccia toaster, so that they are crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle.
We have also served this gluten free shredded chicken, cold in a salad, during summer. (...very refreshing and there is nothing better than the aroma of this chicken cooking and filling the house with such a wonderful smell)
Moist, tangy and delicious - the BEST gluten free slow-cooked shredded bbq chicken...promise!!