It is wonderful on a Sunday morning baking a fresh loaf of cheesy, chilli bread and eating it fresh from the oven with lashings of butter!
This may sound like I am selling it to you…but to be honest you need this recipe for when you are on a gluten free diet and having something like this is just as good as fresh, hot, bread (without all the effort!)
We love the way you can just pull off a chunk of the bread, smother with butter and enjoy. No need for cutting or slicing …hence the name – Pull-Aparts!! 🙂
Recipe For Gluten Free Herb, Cheese and Chilli Pull-Apart!
- 2 cups of Self Raising Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (I use 1/2 Parmesan and 1/2 tasty lactose free cheese)
- 60 g of butter -diced
- Fresh herbs – I use Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, and Parsley (you can use whatever herbs you like and as much or as little)
- 3/4 cup of milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons of Chilli and Garlic Sauce (or Olive Tapenade if you don’t like the heat of chilli)
- Olive oil for coating
- Preheat the oven to a moderate temp – 180c and line a loaf baking tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix in the flour and baking powder and then add in the butter. Use your fingertips to blend in the butter to make a crumbly texture.
- Mix in the herbs and cheese and mix well.
- Add in the milk and combine to make a dough.
Tip – Making this Gluten Free Herb, Cheese and Chilli Pull-Apart can get a little sticky but I put spray oil on my hands and then mix into a dough. This stops messy, sticky hands.
- Roll into balls and line up on baking paper.
- Drizzle with Olive oil and roll balls around so that they are coated with the olive oil.
- Place the balls into the tin and press in lightly
- Cover the top with the Chilli and Garlic Sauce and sprinkle with some herbs.
- Place in the oven for 30- 40 mins or until it starts to go a little brown on the top.
You could also smother the top with Olive Tapenade instead of the chilli for a different taste that is just as delicious!
Min recently emailed to say how much she liked this recipe …
“I am only a year into this new gluten free lifestyle and it has changed my world (and given me relief from IBS for the first time in my adult life). The moment I saw your pull apart I was pulling ingredients from my pantry. My family and I have just enjoyed this fabulous “bread” for lunch and I am in love!! I didn’t have the olive tapenade, but I did have spring onions in the fridge, plenty of fresh oregano & thyme and it was sooooo delicious! Through winter I have lamented the loss of bread with my homemade soups, watching the rest of my family indulge, but now I have a substitute that is truly scrummy! I now can’t wait to try your other savoury dishes…. especially the asparagus, mushroom and bacon slice….already drooling!! “
You might also like ….