An easy and delicious recipe to make a luxurious Gluten Free Pizza at home topped with mozzarella, tomato, home made relish, goats cheese and rocket!
One that doesn't taste like cardboard and that is worthy of topping with luxurious ingredients like 'Mozzarella and Goats Cheese', home made tomato relish, tomato and rocket.
....and yes... I have found it!!
This Gluten Free Pizza would be wonderful in a 'wood oven' but it is just as good baked in an everyday oven.
The ingredients make a soft dough that is easy to spread onto a pizza tray. The tip is to use some melted butter on your fingertips so that it is easy to spread out the pizza base. (see recipe below)
The TIP to making this Gluten Free Pizza is to bake it for 20 mins and then add the tomato because if you put the tomatoes on at the beginning of baking the pizza, the base will soak up the tomato juice and become too moist.
Recipe for Rocket, Mozzarella, Goats Cheese Gluten Free Pizza!
- Gluten Free Pizza Base
- 1 cup warm almond milk-(I put it in the microwave for 40 seconds)
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2¼ cups Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toppings to your liking but we use...
- Fresh Tomato slices
- Fresh Rocket
- Goats Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat your oven to a moderate oven - 180 degrees.
- Mix together your warm almond milk, yeast and honey. Put to one side for the yeast to activate and foam up.
- In another bowl mix together GF plain flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, parmesan and salt.
- Add your wet ingredients- 4 of the tablespoons of melted butter, egg, and milk/yeast mixture -(it should be foamy)
- Mix all ingredients together
- (It will make a soft dough, that is easy make into a ball)
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the microwave.
- When it cools a bit, dip your fingers into the butter and then grab some of the bread mixture and flatten it onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Cover the pizza base, with caramelised onion or tomato paste or relish.
- Bake for 20 mins and then remove. Top with tomato, buffalo mozzarella, cracked pepper, and bake again till the cheese has just melted
- Place on a board and topped with more mozzarella, fresh basil and rocket!
The Best Gluten Free Pizza Base at home and with luxurious topping of Rocket, Mozzarella and Goats Cheese!
I top this gluten free pizza with Home Made Old Fashioned Tomato Relish...
Leave a Reply