60 little ideas to make life less complicated and increase your wellbeing with easy ways to nourish your body, mind and soul!
A little while ago I set out to make some small changes - ones that wouldn't take a lot of money, or wouldn't require a huge amount of time but that would make a difference to my world, including my family and friends.
By setting these little tasks or goals it has challenged me to make some new habits, learn some new skills and do some things I have wanted to do for a long time.
Now, some of these things aren't new or fancy but they are the things that sometimes you just need a little reminder to get you back to feeling content.
It is amazing how just a few ideas have helped to nourish my body, mind and soul!
Just by making the effort to start making small steps ....ends up making a big difference!
Here are 60 small things that I started to bring into my life more and maybe they could be something you just might like.
By all means this is not a checklist that you do all in one hit! These are little ideas or 'inspirations' to just make a start.
If you are wondering where might be a good place to start, just have a look.
Look to see if there is one or two or even a few that you could start doing to be healthy with your body, mind and soul ....and make life a little less complicated!
2o small ways to nourish your Body!
- Take 5 mins to stretch at the beginning of the day.
- Drink a glass of water with lemon in it.
- Stay hydrated - drink plenty of water.
- Drink Green Tea.
- Cut back on caffeine.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Go for a walk/run/swim/bike ride...
- Do 10 mins of exercise - just start it!
- Try a new form of exercise - they are so many different types.
- Get some sunlight.
- Go to bed earlier.
- Get enough sleep.
- Give yourself a foot massage.
- Eat a healthier breakfast, medium sized lunch and smaller dinner.
- Avoid processed food.
- Try a new recipe.
- Wear clothes that make you happy!
- Take a nap.
- Laugh - go and find laughter!
- Explore 3 new places.
20 small ways to nourish your mind!
What consumes your mind...consumes your life!
- Know you only have one thought at a time... make it a good one!
- Do something creative - like doing a craft, learning a musical instrument, gardening .
- Replace negative thoughts with productive ones (...stop thinking negative things about yourself and others).
- Donate things you don't need...there is always someone who thinks they are treasures!
- Don't worry about the past or be anxious about the future, just 'be' in the present!
- Read a book - something that is not what you usually read.
- Live in a tidy space.
- Deal with things when they happen...don't put things off!
- Take a couple of minutes out of everyday, to clear your mind.
- Breathe in and out deeply 3 times.
- Before going to sleep think of 3 things that went right in the day and be grateful!
- Learn or do something new.
- Watch a TED Talk.
- Just don't complain - don't waste energy on things you can't change.
- Spend some time alone everyday.
- Enjoy the things you already have.
- Let your ideas and dreams have a chance!
- Find the silver linings in hard or tough situations.
- Start to notice the beauty in the small moments.
- Make the time to relax!
20 small ways to nourish your soul!
Taking the time to make your soul happy can be as simple as these little things....
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Begin Yoga or mediation.
- To increase flexibility and feel good, stretch daily.
- Listen to peaceful music.
- Walk and notice nature.
- Spend time with a pet... if not yours then borrow someone else's (and then give it back 😉 )
- Just go outside!
- Enjoy the little things.
- Just slow down....breathe
- Don't just wait around for happiness... make the most of the moment you are in now!
- Forgive yourself for yesterday's mistakes.
- Be compassionate - help someone else.
- Be kind to yourself!
- Think positive.
- Practice patience...
- Read something 'inspiring' - quotes, books, stories or like this recent post How to Create Happiness!
- Take one day at a time.
- If it feels wrong, don't do it.
- Appreciate life's simple things.
- Do something fun!!
See...nothing too hard, or that costs a lot but are simple, small ways to nourish your body, mind and soul!
Happiness is about letting go of what you think life should look like...
and celebrate it for everything that it is!
...which one or two might you try?
You might also like....
Leave a Reply