How to make Perfect Homemade Gluten Free Pasta with creamy Alfredo Sauce!
I am sure that most people love a bowl of pasta because it is filling, you can top it with a range of sauces and it can be made to satisfy anyones taste buds.
My teenage boys LOVE pasta. It fills them up and they always come back for seconds.
Being gluten free can sometimes be disappointing when it comes to eating pasta. Often the shop bought packet pastas are really expensive and can taste bland.
After experimenting, we have found the perfect way to indulge in pasta .... fresh pasta that is homemade!
...and we have stuck with it (no going back to packet pasta!)
My teenage boys love to make the pasta ...it is easy, it is fun to use the pasta machine and the best part...they get to eat it!
So here are my boys making pasta... and yes...they made a mess...but you got to love them for that!
Recipe for Perfect Homemade Gluten Free Pasta!
How to make Gluten Free Pasta!
- 1 cup of gluten free plain flour (I use Orgran Gluten Free Plain Flour) *plus extra for dusting the pasta on the counter and adding to the dough if it is a little moist.
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of light olive oil
- Add 1 cup of gluten free flour to a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the two eggs into the well.
- Using a round topped knife, combine the flour and the eggs
- Just as it is coming together add a drizzle of olive oil and then using your hands, combine together to make a ball of dough.
- Sprinkle some gluten free flour on the counter top and continue to combine into a ball. No need to knead it for too long otherwise it will break apart.
- This is the important step! Roll it into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge until the ball of dough is firm. (I do this for about 1 hour)
- When firm, unwrap the plastic and divide the ball in half and press flat and dust with gluten free flour.
- Roll the pasta through a pasta machine (on number 7) or the largest number on the dial.
- Roll the pasta through again. I only thread it through 1 or 2 times on number 7 otherwise gluten free pasta will become too thin and break apart. (Without the gluten, it is not stretchy like wheat pasta dough).
- Then roll through the long pasta sheets, on the Fettuccine setting.
- Dust the Fettuccine with flour and then add to a pot of boiling water and cook the pasta. This will only take around two minutes. (Don't cook it too long otherwise, it may taste waterlogged!)
Recipe for Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ½ cup of thickened cream
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of ground paprika
- cracked black pepper
- fresh basil to top
How to make the Alfredo Sauce!
- In a frypan on medium heat, melt the butter and add in the garlic.
- let the garlic sizzle a little then add in the cream and a good sprinkle of ground paprika and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil then simmer so the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Add in the drained gluten free fettuccine pasta and stir to cover the pasta with the creamy Alfredo sauce. Then serve on a plate and top with more parmesan and chopped fresh basil and another good sprinkle of cracked black pepper.
You might also enjoy ...