Recipe for Gluten Free Choc Chip and Chia Cookies
- 125 g of soft butter
- ¾ cup of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup of plain gluten free flour - I use Orgran GF plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of choc chips
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius - moderate oven
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer till fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, choc chips and chia seeds.
- Mix until it all comes together into a dough. (I leave mine in the fridge for about 10 mins and then they are easier to roll into balls.)
- Roll into tablespoon size balls with your hands and place them on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper (baking paper) and flatten them with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius until golden (about 15 mins...but watch them and take them out when they just start to turn golden. This way you will have buttery, soft cookies!)
- Let them cool, so they set...but you should try one while they are warm... 🙂 (Just perfect!!)
You could leave the cookie dough as little round balls if you want more of a ‘cookie bite’ or using the back of the spoon, flatten them to get a traditional cookie shape.