All the tips and the recipe to making the best Tasty Potato and Mustard Rings.
Ok … these little potato and mustard ring are delicious but also ‘cute’ all at the same time. They are perfect for a snack, afternoon tea, school lunch boxes or even a picnic. Children absolutely love them…and so do the big children called ‘adults’!
They are easy, tasty and can be eaten hot with sauce and they are just as delicious cold!
How to make Tasty Potato and Mustard Rings!
Tip No 1
The first tip to making the Potato and Mustard Rings is that you bake them in a donut tin…. yes, a donut tin!
I can make these Potato And Mustard Rings in muffins tins but to add a little bit of novelty, I bake them in a donut tin.
When my boys were little, they loved to put them on their fingers and chomp away at them….
…and yes, you can fill the hole with sauce! 😉
Tip No 2
To make sure they go crispy, make sure that you squeeze the liquid out of the potatoes. I do this by grating the potatoes and then in a tea towel squeeze out the liquid. You will be surprised how much liquid there actually is!
Tip No 3
Recipe for Tasty Potato and Mustard Rings!
- 2 large potatoes - washed, grated and the extra moisture squeezed out by wrapping it in a tea towel.
- ½ an onion- finely diced
- 2 eggs
- I cup of grated tasty cheese (for a more adult flavour, I use Parmesan cheese)
- 1 tablespoon of prepared Mustard... A little more if you like a stronger flavour. (When using the mustard, ensure it is gluten free!)
- Black pepper
- A touch of salt
- Ground paprika to sprinkle on top
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- A teaspoon of chives to top.
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F (moderate oven)
- Grate potato and put in a tea towel and squeeze out the moisture ( you will be surprised just how much liquid comes out!)
- Whisk up the 2 eggs, with the salt, black cracked pepper and mustard and then mix in the potato and the cheese and stir to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin or DONUT tin with spray oil, to make sure they don't stick to the pan.
- Spoon into the donut tin and press down with your fingertips.
- Sprinkle with paprika to add colour and a little more flavour.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30 mins.
- Best left to cool slightly so they are easy to get out of the donut tin. Use a toothpick to ease them out of the tin if needed.