This Gluten-Free Apple and Ginger Cake recipe is for when you want something a little different, something that is easy to make and of course tastes delicious! This cake is filled with soft, sweet apple slices, has a crisp, crunchy top and goes perfectly with a large dollop of vanilla ice-cream!
We love apples and especially in cooking. Apple puree is great to substitute for sugar in recipes, perfectly delicious in warm Gluten Free Easy Apple Crumble and so delicious in this recipe for Gluten-Free Apple and Ginger Cake!
Just simply by laying some sliced apples on the base of a cake tin and then pouring the mixture over the top, the apples then melt into the mixture while cooking and it comes out as the most delicious cake!
With the extra sprinkle of some caster sugar on top of this Gluten Free Apple and Ginger Cake, it really makes a crispy top and a very soft, smooth centre to the cake.
As the apples melt into the cake mixture, it gives the centre of the cake a pudding-like texture that can be eaten warm or even stored in an airtight container to be served as cake the next day.
The tip is to make sure you let the cake cool in the cake tin for around 10 mins. This is when the crispy top becomes crunchy and gives the cake its own special character.
(This Gluten-Free Apple and Ginger Cake is perfect for if you are Coeliac, gluten intolerant, on a gluten-free diet or are wheat intolerant!)
Recipe for Gluten-Free Apple and Ginger Cake
- 1 apple sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of caster sugar plus 1 extra teaspoon to sprinkle on top of the cake
- 150 mils of milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 150 g melted butter
- 175g of gluten free flour (I use Orgran Gluten Free Self Raising Flour)
- ¼ teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 3 teaspoons of ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a 24cm springform tin with baking paper and spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Lay the sliced apples down on the base of the baking tin.
- Put 2 eggs and i cup of caster sugar in a large bowl and whisk until frothy and set aside
- Add 150 mls of milk and the vanilla essence and the melted butter into a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Gradually whisk the the butter mixture into the egg mixture.
- Mix in the self raising gluten free flour and baking powder and 3 teaspoons of ginger
- Pour the batter over the apples and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- Bake for 35-40 mins until golden or tested with a skewer
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins before serving
This Gluten-Free Apple and Ginger Cake just needs to be topped with vanilla ice-cream and it is then ready to be spooned into a waiting mouth…:-)
Simply hover over an image and the Pinterest sign will come up, so you are able to click on it to save it to your Pinterest board.
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.