Recipe for The Best Gluten Free Banana Cake Ever!!
- 2 ripe bananas - mashed
- 125g butter - at room temp
- 2 eggs
- ¾ of a cup of brown sugar
- 1½ cups of gluten free self raising flour - (I use Orgran Gluten Free Self Raising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of bi-carb soda
- ¼ cup of almond milk ( or you could use regular milk. Almond milk adds extra flavour)
- Preheat oven to a moderate temperature
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together
- Beat in eggs, one at a time
- Mash bananas well with a fork then beat into the creamed mixture
- Fold in flour and soda, then stir in milk
- Line a cake tin (or ring tin) with baking paper. (I line the base and cut off the extra paper and grease the sides with butter)
- Spoon onto the baking tin and bake at 180 Degrees Celsius (moderate oven) for 45 mins or until cooked. Test with a skewer and if it comes out clean, then it is ready.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning out onto a cake cooler.
- you can serve it warm drizzled with custard or when the cake is cool, ice it with either a butter cream icing or cream cheese icing.
- Cream Cheese Icing - mix 125g of soft cream cheese, 1 cup of icing sugar and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix to a smooth consistency and top the delicious banana cake!! Enjoy 🙂
Adding the lemon cream cheese icing makes this Gluten Free Banana Cake perfect – ‘it is the icing on the cake’ ;-)….especially topped with freshly sliced banana!
Cream Cheese Icing – mix 125g of soft cream cheese, 1 cup of icing sugar and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Mix to a smooth consistency and top the delicious banana cake!!
Moist, full of flavour and Oh!...so easy!
Simply hover over an image and the Pinterest sign will come up, so you are able to click on it to save it to your Pinterest board.
You can follow along for other great recipes and lots more by following the Sparkles In The Everyday Pinterest Board.