It is a gluten free cake that is really delicious as a dessert with ice cream or just eaten slice by slice topped with fresh Passion Fruit!
The passion fruit is round to oval, either yellow or dark purple at maturity, with a soft to firm, juicy interior filled with numerous seeds.The fruit is both eaten and juiced; passion fruit juice is often added to other fruit juices to enhance aroma. Source
The recipe for Passion Fruit, Almond and Yoghurt Cake
- 1¼ cups of self raising gluten free flour (I use Orgran Self Raising Gluten Free Flour)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder - gluten free
- ¾ cup of almond meal
- 150g of Greek natural yoghurt
- 125g of caster sugar
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 passion fruits - 4 for the cake and 2 for the topping (or you could use 100g of canned Passion Fruit if they are not in season where you live.)
- Preheat oven 180 degrees
- In a bowl mix together the gluten free flour, almond meal and baking powder.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, oil, yoghurt, sugar and the passionfruit Add the egg mixture to the flour bowl and mix together.
- Pour into a baking tin, lined with baking paper and cook for 45 mins. (I love the way the fruit gives a vibrant yellow colour to the cake and the yoghurt gives a smooth, moist texture.)